Re: SV: kernel compilation

Hi!

The detection of your soundcard is not a matter of YaST, I think its
alsa related. Just try the command

alsaconf

as root, thats exactly the same command whitch is executed by YaST. Also
you could try the command

hwinfo --sound

to let the system look, if your soundcard is detected automaticly...
Please send me the output, maybe I can help you.

What SuSE-version are you using? What kernel is installed on your
system? Normaly all alsamodules are included in the distri, also the
oss-modules. Have you ever used the soundcard with linux before and are
you shure, that this card is supported?

Regards,
Schoeppi

Christian Schoepplein | Beste Rockband der Welt: http://www.lily-rockt.de