Re: questions about Yasr

On 06/25/03  7:05 AM +0100, Michael Weaver wrote:
> Hi!
> I have questions about Yars.

It's called yasr.

> What distributions of Linux does it work with?

I know it is available as a binary for Debian, and likely Redhat as
well.

> Also for those who don't have a hardware synthesiser or in my case, I can't
> find the attachment for my Apolo 2 which fits in the Com2 port, would it be
> an alternative to Speakup in the case of boot up to shut down once it is
> installed with software speech?

It won't quite work all the way from boot up to shutdown, but I think
you could have it started automatically when you log in. It might be
possible to have yasr read you the login: prompt, but from what I have
seen of the documentation it looks like it runs as a sub shell. To get
software speech in yasr you will have to have the flite and eflite
packages installed as well.

--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.