Re: Hi

Hi Jaffar,
Well first of all different people will give you different advices as to which linux brand is best.  and the greatest thing is every one is right in some way or the other.  This is because although there are different brands of linux, I want to make it very clear to all the starters and all the critics of linux that it is a mis conception that linux is not standerdised.  There is indeed a thing called linux standard base and any brand which does not comply with the specifications is not given any scope.
Well I am also one of the many advisers and my advice will be use redhat version 8.0 with yasr as your screen reader.  I hope you hav a sound card inside.
I don't know if you can install linux without a sited assistance but once yasr is installed you can easily install modules or packages or even compile source code.
and yes, go for a linux cd set.
if you want any further help on yasr then mail back.