Re: linux download

Hi,

Personally, I don't think it's too useful to hunt for "the best". At
least for me, it takes too long and too much work to become familiar
enough with each distro. My suggestion is to go with the one that's most
popular in your area or among your friends. Red Hat (latest version is 9
but 8 has Speakup support in the installer) is the most popular in the
States and Canada, and Debian is most popular in Europe. Both have easy
(once you learn how to use it) updating mechanisms.

The bottom line is, the easiest or best is the one the speaker knows
best. Any Linux, or any program of any ilk whatever, gets "better" the
more familiar it is.

Lee