Editing Control Characters, Linefeeds, Etc.

I don't know precisely what you want to do,
but I guarantee, edbrowse can do it.
You can edit an executable file,
find the string "hello world",
change the w to a j,
write the file, and run it, and get the output:

hello jorld

To undos a file, do this.

,s/\r$//

CR in the middle of a line should probably become a true line break.

,s/\r/\n/g

Change all collections of tabs and spaces to a single space.
Remember, whitespace doesn't mean anything in html, so may as well simplify it.

I have an edbrowse script that does a fair job of unwording a file,
so you can read the text in whatever.doc.
For more info, send questions to eklhad@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Karl