Re: DECtalk Express still available?-Dead batteries.

I have fixed things by opening them, seeing the number of cells.
Cut them apart if necessary, remember it is busted junk.
>From the number of cells times 1.2  volts you can determing the voltage.
I solder wires to the old battery connector, string them out of the box, and
con;nect to another standard type of battery, or a FILTERED power supply;
of near the extimated voltage.
This worked on a type and speak, and that was actually all that was wrong with
it.
So eventually I found batteries to fit in the case. The hardest part was to
clip the old batteries out, and not damage the board.
Will