On Slashdot.org : Linux Distributions for the Vision Impaired?

Posted by Cliff on Tuesday May 27, @07:55PM
from the braille-penguins dept.

MoreDruid asks: "Not long ago, I was asked to do some research for a
blind relative from a friend of mine. I tried searching the sites of Red
Hat, Debian, and some other distro's, but only SuSe came up with really
useful information. I did find Blinux, but I think it's not really
mature yet. Do any other Slashdotters have any experience in this field?
What is a good distro to start with? This research is geared towards a
blind newbie user, so are there any decent resources for vision impaired
people so that he can get going with Linux?" This topic was discussed,
in a more general sense, some two years ago, and there have since been
questions dealing with several pieces of the puzzle. However, is there
anything else out there, aside from the developing Blinux, that puts it
all together in one nice package?

http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/05/27/2319216&mode=thread&tid=106&tid=185

Enjoy!
--Hans