yasr on /dev/ttyS1: is that a problem?

Yasr is working very nicely on the serial port of my laptop with a doubletalk
lt. However, when i decided to try this on my desktop, I ran into problems. My
braillelite is on /dev/ttyS0 so I instructed yasr to use /dev/ttyS1. I never got
any sound from yasr and my braillelite locked up partially, giving some output
when I arrowed up or down but the advance bar failing to respond at all. I can
easily use speakup and brltty together, so this isn't a really big issue, but it
did make me wonder. does yasr have problems with /dev/ttyS1 or does it have
problems with equipment running on other serial ports when it is running or what
would be the cause of my problem? The syntax I used was

yasr -s DoubleTalk -p /dev/ttyS1
this is the same syntax I used on my laptop, with the exception of the different
serial port.
Thanks for any input.

Cheryl