Re: Diagnosing ABT320 Braille Terminal

John,

It's not necessary to set anything on Linux. On the ABT, at least if the
firmware is 970101, use the status menu to make sure the serial port
you're using is set to pc. (If you have to change it, the setup menu
choice is "Alva".)  This can be done on the fly; use the
Prog+Home+Status keys and follow the prompts. BRLTTY will recover
properly when you exit the menu.

Make sure the serial cable is a null-modes cable. BRLTTY will take care
of the rest.

I think Travis's settings are right; I think I saw it in the source for
the Alva driver; but as I say, brltty does it all.

I have no idea about Gnopernicus. Someone awhile ago listed the Braille
devices supported and (at that time) Alva wasn't one of them.

HTH,

Lee