mounting an iso image

> How to mount an iso image.

I think you want to do this.

mount -t iso9660 -o loop file.iso directory

Of course you have to be root,
and your kernel has to be built with the loop capability.
Say yes to   CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP in make config.
Standard kernels have this built in.

Speaking of iso images, I have one that boots, and talks, and isn't too huge.
About 30mb compressed, so even a dial-up person can download it.
It's very preliminary, so you might find bugs, or missing programs.
But everybody's got to start somewhere.

iso image:
www.eklhad.net/linux/jupiter/jupiter.iso.zip

Documentation:
www.eklhad.net/linux/jupiter/cdrom-README

At present this is a Jupiter disk, period.
In other words, it uses my speech software.
But I could include other adapters, and let you pick one at startup.
That's fine with me, as long as the image doesn't get too big.
I'd really like to keep it in the 30 to 40 meg size range.

Karl