wordview

Hi all,

Like many others, I receive many emails with MS-Word attachments. Sage
advice from this group has traditionally been to inform such
correspondents that this is unacceptable practice, but since the senders
include not only my boss but people from the university president on
down, such an approach lacks a certain finesse.

Not long ago someone off-list mentioned using wordview. I asked what it
was and where to get it, but while awaiting a response I did a Google
search. One thing I found was wvWare, a successor of a previous program
whose name was too close for comfort to Microsoft's.

This looked promising, but when I read the release notes, they were so
disparaging (this is a work in progress and subject to radical change,
etc.) I figured I'd ask whether this is the best product for reading
Word docs on Linux.

Thanks for any advice,

Lee