brltty and tieman voyager

Hello,
i use slackware 8.0 with speakup and kernel 2.2.20.
I want to use my braille display tiemann voyager 44 plus with brltty. The
voyager plus can be connected via serial or usb.
Brltty 3.1 works fine with the display in combibraille mode and connection
via serialport.
There is a modul brlvger for the connection via usb.

Can i compile it for the 2.2.20 kernel or does it give another modul, so
that i can connect the brailledisplay via usb?

Thanks.
Dietmar