Re: textmode not going away and mime security (was: Re: .mailcap andmutt

I'd like to see that.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Janina Sajka" <janina@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 9:52 PM
Subject: Re: textmode not going away and mime security (was: Re: .mailcap
and mutt

And, the woman who heads accessibility at Microsoft sat in my conference
room a few weeks ago and told us that they're bringing back the command line
in order to make
their products competitive for IT professionals under Sec. 508. I'm not
kidding. She actually said "bringing back the command line."

Martin McCormick writes:
> From: Martin McCormick <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> The thing I find interesting is that the new Macintosh
> OS-X now has a command line mode in addition to the GUI.
>
> I hear normally-sighted computer users say that some
> things really are easier in command mode than they are in GUI
> mode because you have tighter control over complex operations.

Janina Sajka, Director
Technology Research and Development
Governmental Relations Group
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)