RE: Windows Emulation? Possible? A waste of time? what do you think.

More to the point, what is it that you need to run?
Without that, you can only get general vague guesses,
based on principle, and no one can even suggest a
possible better open source replacement.  There a
number of web sites that can help with the latter.
One that I know of offhand is:
http://linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/win-lin-soft-en/

LCR

--
L. C. Robinson
reply to no_spam+munged_lcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

People buy MicroShaft for compatibility, but get incompatibility and
instability instead.  This is award winning "innovation".  Find
out how MS holds your data hostage with "The *Lens*"; see
"CyberSnare" at http://www.netaction.org/msoft/cybersnare.html