Re: Blinux-list digest, Vol 1 #1055 - 6 msgs

For FAQ try searching the archives of this list at https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/blinux-list/

For Modem string try man -k modem that will give you every page to do with modems well every page that has modem in the head of the page.

rpm -Uvh package-numbers-MoreNumbers-MoreBloodyNumbers.rpm will usually install if it fails or requires another package get it and install it first.  rpm -e package-name will remove a package.  There are options to force an rpm file to install but it is better to find out why it won't install than just jamming it in.
man rpm for more info.