Re: Starting with Linux

Hi, Frank:

My HOWTO is specific to Red Hat,. The introduction and appendices are
general to Linux.

The main thing to know is that I still haven't updated the HOWTO for Red
Hat 8.0. Foprtunately, the only real difference is a good difference.
You no longer need to download large CD ROM iso image files from the
Speakup web site, as the HOWTO instructs. With Red Hat 8.0 you can
simply get a set of CD ROMs, or a set of images, from any Red Hat
source. Options include your friendly local computer software store,
some on line store including Red Hat itself, or any Red Hat mirror site.

Good luck, and let us know how you're getting on with this. Welcome.

 Frank Welte writes:
> From: " Frank Welte" <fwelte@sbcglobal.net>
>
> I'd like to install Linux on my computer along side Windows XP Home Edition.
> I have Janina Sajka's Linux installation web site bookmarked, and I intend
> to use it as a reference.  As a Linux novice, are there issues I should
> consider that go beyond the scope of that particular document?
>
> Frank Welte

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group