Re: A serial port conundrum

[quoted lines by Luke Davis on February 28, 2003, at 16:39]

>Is it possible that the speech subsystem is sending back indexing data to
>the serial port, which it can not handle?

No, that's not the problem. The CombiBraille's speech driver was probably
written in the very early days of BRLTTY's development. It's not putting all of
the data into a buffer which is then written all at once. Writing speech data
one byte at a time is too slow and jittery. Now that we're aware of this
problem within that driver, we'll correct it.

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/