From: Simon Wong
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 5:35 PM
Subject: Linux at work with screen readers

Hi listers

My work requires me to use computers for word and data processing as well as accessing the web and email. My boss is considering a switch to Linux as the operating system for all the computers at work. As someone who needs to use screen readers to access computers (I'm using JAWS and Windows at the moment), I am wondering how things would work for me in the Linux environment.

I would love to know if there's anyone who uses Linux and screen readers at the office and how it has been for them.  Any advice re the accessibility of Linux for blind people and what I should do to prepare myself for the switch across to Linux would be very much appreciated.

Simon