What does CVS mean?

On 01/16/03  8:03 AM -0500, Weber Walter M wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>    Would someone, please, tell me what the letters CVS mean?

Cvs stands for concurrent version system. It is a way for multiple
contributors to work on a project simultaniously and for the project
leaders to keep track of who made what changes and keep multiple
revissions of files. Cvs is most commonly used for source code, but I am
under the impression that it could be used for documentation and the like
as well.

--
Thomas Stivers
e-mail: stivers_t@tomass.dyndns.org