elba help needed

Thanks a lot! I sent an email off to the elba list. Didn't know there was
one before you told me about that. So now on with the questions. I tried to
connect the elba to my dsl connectionbut I noticed that there was no mention
of dhcp in the manual anywhere and nothing in the setup abut it either. The
way my DSL is here is I have an external dsl modem that is connected to the
ethernet card in my PC and it contacts my isp's dhcp server to get the
netmask and ip and broadcast address and whatever else it needs to make the
connection. So I can't give this info to the elba manually since I don't
know what it is. So is it possible to connect the elba to my dsl service and
if so what information do I give to the elba to make it work. My other
question has to do with using the elba as a braille display for my PC. I'm
waiting for a shell on my friend's Linux box so that I can compile BRLTTY to
work with elba and then rehack the boot floppies for my preferred Linux
distro so that I can reinstall that OS because I prefer it to Windows. But
Ido need to use braille in Windows as well sometimes so I figured I'd try to
get Window-eyes to work with elba. So I got window-eyes working with the
elba fairly easily but now i fidn that all the hotkeys that are defined
refer to some switches and keys taht are on the regular Braillex displays
and the elba manual says that elba can emulate these switches but the
explanation is a little confusing so maybe you can explain better what elba
is trying to emulate here (I've never seen a Braillex EL display other than
the elba I just got yesterday) and how it works because I presume that I'll
need to understand this to use BRLTTY as well. I will telll you before I
forget that my elba has a qwerty keyboard as that is very important
information. Thanks a lot for being so helpful and everything. I will
definitely let you  know if I run into any problems but so far it's been
good. I was very happy that it uses typical Linux applications like Lynx and
Pine (though I personally prefer mutt) because it makes it easier since I
use those kinds of things all the time anyway. I am just a little puzzled
about the lack of dhcp and this rather strange emulation of braillex
displays but I'm pretty sure it's because I don't understand something and
you probably can help with that. So once again thanks a lot for the support!
I may have more problems/questions in a bit as I haven't had a look at all
the stuff that the elba but so far i'm impressed. It's better than I
expected so far. I wasn't sure how complete the Linux on the elba was but it
doesn't look like a lot got left out. Quite impressive really. I thought the
elba would be bigger as well but I was wrong. So thanks again for pointing
me to that elba list and for offering support. Next thing to figure out is
how to get my PC to talk to elba but I'll get to that as soon as I figure
out these other things.