Problem with brltty

Hi everyone;

I have recently set up Red Hat Linux 8 with brltty.  I am using the
powerBraille 40.  I'm using brltty 3.1.

I've noticed tht when I set up other virtual consoles,
text is quite often changed to ????'s, and I've noticed this in man pages,
output of the ls command, and when I run connect tomy PPP account.  lynx
doesn't work at all (does anyone have any  suggestions for this?) -- I
jsut get a blank page with ?'s at the bottom.  links works a little better
but t successive web pages (after the first ) get formatted funny (change
from 80 character lines to 40 character lines and youcan see the previous
web page on the left and right of the current page).

Does anyone know wht might be causing the problem and whethr there are any
workarounds?

Thanks,
Barbara Wagreich