Re: balanced advocacy (Was: questions about slackware

A few months ago I burnt a NetBSD 1.5.2 cd and installed it (mainly
because I wanted yasr to support it) and was struck by the small number of
packages it installed.  Programs that I took for granted under Linux were
not there.  There was no lynx, no perl, no wget, the shell it installed
was a simple Bourne shell that did not support tab completion,
etc.  Bash and all of the other packages I mentioned can be installed,
mind you, and the BSDs have what I consider to be a nice system for
installing packages, but their base distribution is much smaller than what
I would expect under Linux.

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --