Re: XLS Files

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Luke Davis wrote:

> Are there any accessible tools, for converting XLS files to other, more
> Unix friendly, formats?
As part of the catdoc package, there is a program called xls2csv which
converts some xls files to a comma delimmited file.
I find that it does not work on a lot of the xls files that i have
arround, but
it is a lot better than nothing.
Catdoc works with almost anny ms-word .doc file and as far as i am
conserned,
works well.
both are text-only tools.
I forgot where i downloaded the package, but will have the tar file
arround if
you want it i can email it to you.

regards,
Willem