playing with elba

Hi.
I have in my hands (at least for a few days) an elba.
A very interesting device.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a manual, so I am
doing trial and error to find out the key strokes.

It is a unit with a braille keyboard.
I really like the case and how the unit was designed.
The speech is ok most of the time.
It does however, have some problems at times.
I will start to sound like an am radio slightly out of
tune, or for the hams, like single side band, not tuned correctly.
The speech isn't available in all applications.
I haven't found any way to read word by word
or character by character.
or even to have it repeat the current line.
the braille display is really nice, and I like
the movement bar ont he front of the unit.
It runs linux 2.4.9 as its kernel.

more later if anyone is interested.

phil