a question about Debian

I got Debian installed today with the Potato version but I am having trouble
getting speech because of the boot process says you have to hit the left
shift key when booting in to it.  I would much rather it boot on it's own as
if automatic.  Is there a way to do this?  Also I am wondering if other
users have had this problem~
Scott Berry
Msn: electronicman1960@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: electronicman1960
If you are interested in scanning and you are blind please come join our
police scanner list.  To subscribe send a message to:
mailto:blindscanner-subscribe@yahoogroups.com