Re: verbal math was Programming for Gnome

Jim,
The "verbal math" that I was talking about is produced here from
MegaDots files using a program which I wrote but cannot distribute. The
verbal math in the gnomebrl project will be produced by an open-source
program. The nice thing about using XML in gnomebrl is that the same
file can be used to produce verbal math, large print, Braille, or
hwhatever. The new verbal math program will also be able to change the
order oin which a mathematical expression is spoken to show the order of
operations, instead of just proceeding from left to right.
I know about John Gardner's Triangle program, but I have not tried it,
since I am deaf as well as blind. I'm working with him to add support
for the Tiger to the Gnome print library.
John

--
Computers to Help People, Inc.
http://www.chpi.org