DOWNLOADING EMACSPEAK

Hi Michael,

On Thu, 30 May 2002 14:59:00 +0100, Michael wrote:
> Hi!
> I am trying to download the latest version of emacspeak.
> However when I try to download the latest version in RPM format, for some
> reason, my realaudio player tries to run.
> Could anyone please give me some advice?

This is certainly a realaudio configuration problem. It
probably thinks an .rpm file is some sort of audio/video
file and tries to open it... <grin>

Are you downloading emacspeak under Windows or under Linux ?

If under Windows, check your realaudio configuration, and
especially the file extensions that have been associated
with RealAudio. Uncheck "rpm" in the list of supported
files and you should be all set.

If under Linux, check the realaudio configuration, and/or
the "mailcap" configuration of your Linux system. Type the
command "apropos mailcap" or "man mailcap" to obtain more
information on your specific system configuration.

Also, if you are downloading with a www browser, make sure
you check your local browser configuration. Browser such as
Internet Explorer have a number of "helper" programs
configured to open exotic files... But the initial
configuration is usually brain-dead.

Hope this helps!

--

Gil Andre          gandre@arkeia.com