speakup questions

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 05:15:03PM +0200, Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
> 1. when will there be any suport for the infovox speech synthesizer?

Soon as someone writes a driver. ... I an' help--sorry--but if you
have specification for how to communicate with the thing and the
know-how, you might start by modifying one of the drivers (say, for
the Doubletalk LT or the Accent SA) and stick in the relevant codes to
communicate with the Infovox. Assuming external, of course. You might
could send docs to Kirk, but no guarantees when he might get round to
doing anything with them.
> 2. is there a way to get an infovox speaking right now.

Someone might correct me, but you might try BRASS at
http://www.butenuth.onlinehome.de/blinux

At least, that the lst place I knew of where it was. I haven't tried
it though, so can't speak to its usability.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3  | I choose you to take up all of my time.
Email: davros@ycardz.com | I choose you because you're funny and kind