Software Synths Under Linux

Ari Moisio <armoi@sci.fi> writes:

> Hi!
>
>   There is also 'original' eloquence,
> http://www.speechworks.com/products/tts/eti.cfm
> with free demo versions at least for windoze. Not sure about current
> state of Linux version price and availability.
Uhm, I once checked the price. They told me something about $4.000
a year or some insane value like that.  No way to get single user licenses.
Only time-based oem licencing.

I also checked with some other speech technology companies, no luck.
The dectalk owners (both, dectalk software was sold again recently)
dont have any single user offers. Also, there was some company which
name I forgot, I contacted them and first it looked like they understood
the problem and were going to help us, but guess what, no word from them
since then.

I really would be willing to pay a sane amount of money for a good
sounding, multilingual software speech synthesizer under Linux. But it
seems, companies dont care.

--
CYa,
  Mario