Comparing Brltty and Suse

Dave Mielke <dave@mielke.cc> writes:

> BRLTTY has nothing one would call a filter. Tell me what needs to be
> implemented, and we'll certainly look into it.

Thank you for your interest. I may be far from BRLTTY purpose, as I'm
a new (and happy !) user, but would it be possible to recognize a
modeline in emacs so that we can easily jump from one window to
another (to read them) ? (GNU Emacs), because we often open a secondary window
(i.e. completion) and have to scroll "a lot" to find bottom one. In
fact, my question is "would it be possible to sectorize tty with some
pattern-matching to be faster while browsing it ?".
I have to say that, for the moment, I use a 20-sized
brailledisplay... So I scroll a lot :-) Another example would be to
split MC screen for reading (two vertical sectors, a third at the
bottom) so that it helps finding things.

This may not be a good idea as we would have to find a way to
recognize screens (MC, centericq, emacs and so on), and
pattern-matching would be hazardous sometimes (it wouldn't be built on
semantics, only appearence), but it gives an idea of what kinds of
screen-viewers could feature.

Tell me what you think about

Regards, Boris.

P.S. : I've used screen sectorizing tools under Windows and I know it wasn't
a good way to help as when you just move one thing, all goes wrong...