Comparing Brltty and Suse

Mario Lang <mlang@teleweb.at> writes:

> "Nath" <nath31@ifrance.com> writes:
>
> I use mc with brltty regularly, and I don't have any problem.

Hi Mario :-) (you may remember my newbe question few weeks ago)

I feel like mc is really unconfortable to scroll, there are lots of
what I would call "garbage characters" (e.g. vert. and
horiz. lines). I use emacs/dired for managing files, and felt very
happy as BRLTTY works fine with emacs.

> mc presents the currently selected file in the bottom line of each
> split window.  So I dont need attributes.

Sometimes file names are cut with ? between beginning and the end of
the name, preventing recognizing similar file names. Is there a way to
avoid this ? (I really can't think how)

> And the main menu and the dialog boxes all use the normal cursor
> to position correctly.

Ok - I personnaly can't stand menus... :-) (personnal feelings)

> There is a option in mc to enable this "statusline", but I forgot how it was
> called.  I can look it up if you are interested.

I won't help here.

But, talking about BRLTTY features, are there generic filters to help
working on one program or another ?

Regards,

Boris

P.S.: I use BRLTTY with VisioBraille support and had to rebuild the
.deb because the config step broke down. Soon, when I'll be able to
understand Debian packages, I'll try to help about this.