serial card

Hi all,
My Linux box only has one serial port built in that I use for serial access via another pc.

I am adding a second serial card to the system in order to also set up brltty.
Can I count on RedHat to recognize the card automatically and configure it or must I give some special commands so that it will be recognized well enough for brltty to function using the new card?
Thanks.

**  Travis Roth
www.TravisRoth.com
travis@travisroth.com