Book Share and Linux

Sorry, Joel, about getting your name wrong.

I think the situation you describe will always require page
numbers. That's the best referal technology available for printed
books. Without page numbers we wouldn't have tables of contents
or indexes. Scrolls and pre-Gutenberg manuscripts didn't have
such things. They are specific to a printed and bound medium. But
they won't make much sense if the context is all e, and various
users are using different display characteristics.