Bookshare.org and Linux

Hello,
Bookshare.org is working on an unpack and decrypt tool for Linux. I have
offered to be a beta tester for this tool. They may still be looking for
beta testers. You will have to register and submit proof of print
disability to become one.
After you have done this, you can also volunteer to submit scanned books
or edit books submitted by others. You can earn credits toward the setup
and yearly fees through volunteer work.
It seems that bookshare.org prefers rich text or rtf files. Plain teeext
files are also acceptable. I'm wondering why they chose rtf and not html.
Where can I find programs that can handle rtf? I've been told that
ali-word and OpenOffice can do se, but I suspect that they require
X-window.
John

--
Computers to Help People, Inc.