quick Speakup modified RedHat 7.3 question?

William:

If you like, I can burn a set of CD ROMs for you and mail them
to you.

Alternatively, you can certainly use the standard Red Hat
distribution--the one you can buy in a computer store. It's
only a bit more complicated to use the boxed set. To get a
speakup enabled installation, and have speakup during the
install you need to:

1.)	Boot from a floppy that you get from the Speakup
Modified web page;

2.)	Download the appropriate kernel rpm from the Speakup
Modified page and have it ready to apply against your
installation.

When you boot from the floppy you get from our site, you'll
have speech throughout the installation. All the advice we give
in the HOWTO applies.

When you boot your installation, however, you will not have
speech, because the kernel the Red Hat scripts install doesn't
have Speakup. So, you'll need to apply the kernel rpm you
downloaded and reboot. You may also need to edit your
/etc/lilo.conf by hand.

This will definitely work however.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director