From: blinux-list-admin@redhat.com
[mailto:blinux-list-admin@redhat.com]On Behalf Of Dave Mielke
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2002 12:14 PM
To: blinux-list@redhat.com
Subject: RE: vi status line

[quoted lines by Travis Roth on June 8, 2002, at 09:21]

>Vim is displaying the file name, and each time the cursor is moved it updates
>the status line to show the latest position, i.e., line number and column
>number.

vim doesn't do this by default, so you may wish to check for .vimrc and/or
.exrc files which might be turning these features on.

Is your vim displaying two lines at the bottom of the screen, i.e. one for
status and the other for messages? If so, do "set laststatus=1" to get rid of
the extra line.

To get rid of the line and column numbers, do "set noruler".

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com