From: blinux-list-admin@redhat.com
[mailto:blinux-list-admin@redhat.com]On Behalf Of Dave Mielke
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 7:29 PM
To: blinux-list@redhat.com
Subject: RE: vi status line

[quoted lines by Travis Roth on June 7, 2002, at 18:39]

>I have tried Rudy's .vimrc file with the same results--the status line still
>flashes at the bottom of the screen.

vim, by default, displays a blank, unhighlighted line. You don't really want to
get entirely rid of the status line because that's where error messages are
displayed. Which content are you desiring to get rid of? Is it the file name
and size which are displayed immediately after invoking the editor? Is it the
mode, e.g. "-- INSERT --", which is displayed when you're not in command mode?

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com