linux and windows on the same computer

The advice given is incorrect.  There are Windows drivers available
that can access Linux/ext2 filesystems.  Not having used any, I can't
comment as to their robustness, but they've been around in one form or
another for about three years.

To get started, try googling for: "ext2" windows driver

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York