accessing an NTFS partition

Hi Darragh,

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:10:34 +0100, Darragh wrote:
> I know people are probably fed up of answering my questions,
> but here goes any way.

Isn't "answering questions" the whole point of this mailing list?

> I've found the below commands which
> should let me access a fat file system.  As I am using an
> NTFS file system will this command work?  If not, could
> someone give me the right command?

NTFS is a very strange beast, indeed. As far as I know, NTFS
support in Linux is really limited to the latest kernels
(2.4.x) and you can only READ, not write, to NTFS using a
Linux system.

That's about all I know about this, since I don't use NTFS
with Linux. For more information, I would suggest that you
consult the following web site :

http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net

And, especially, its FAQ section:

http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/info/index.html

And, as usual, Google is your friend:

http://www.google.com/search?q=NTFS%20Linux&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Sorry I can't give you more precise answers...

Hope this helps!

--

Gil Andre          gandre@arkeia.com
         Technical Writer