booting options

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C233D7.92575F60

Hello all,
I have made a slight mistake during the last week or so.  I installed =
Mandrake 8.0 without sighted assistance.  It was actually straight =
forward most of the time.  The installation went ok a part from the =
minor problem of KDE loading up at start up.  With sighted help I got =
back into the bash prompt.  Still, I prefer Red Hat so tried to =
uninstall Mandrake.  Couldn't find the uninstall option any where so =
decided to do it threw windows.  I used partition magic to delete the =
partitions and make the c partition bootable again.  Thinking that would =
work I restarted the computer but to my annoyance no luck.  I've had to =
re-install Mandrake so as I can access the ntfs partition.  So, now to =
the question, does any one know how I can successfully uninstall =
Mandrake without this happening?  Oh, I should add that when mandrake =
was installed it booted straight into it.  I found that holding down the =
escape key bought me into a screen where I could type "nt" to get back =
into windows.  This didn't work with Red Hat 7.0.

I'm not too sure if I'm accurate in this assumption but, would I be =
right in thinking that the partition that is booted can be changed threw =
the BIOS?  The reason that I ask is I don't hear the hard disc spin when =
I get into the operating system list. =20

Thanks again for al your help
I am sure I'm close to actually getting this system set up on this =
computer. =20

Darragh

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C233D7.92575F60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have made a slight mistake during the =
last week=20
or so.&nbsp; I installed Mandrake 8.0 without sighted assistance.&nbsp; =
It was=20
actually straight forward most of the time.&nbsp; The installation went =
ok a=20
part from the minor problem of KDE loading up at start up.&nbsp; With =
sighted=20
help I got back into the bash prompt.&nbsp; Still, I prefer Red Hat so =
tried to=20
uninstall Mandrake.&nbsp; Couldn't find the uninstall option any where =
so=20
decided to do it threw windows.&nbsp; I used partition magic to delete =
the=20
partitions and make the c partition bootable again.&nbsp; Thinking that =
would=20
work I restarted the computer but to my annoyance no luck.&nbsp; I've =
had to=20
re-install Mandrake so as I can access the ntfs partition.&nbsp; So, now =
to the=20
question, does any one know how I can successfully uninstall Mandrake =
without=20
this happening?&nbsp; Oh, I should add that when mandrake was installed =
it=20
booted straight into it.&nbsp; I found that holding down the escape key =
bought=20
me into a screen where I could type "nt" to get back into windows.&nbsp; =
This=20
didn't work with Red Hat 7.0.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm not too sure if I'm accurate in =
this assumption=20
but, would I be right in thinking that the partition that is booted can =
be=20
changed threw the BIOS?&nbsp; The reason that I ask is I don't hear the =
hard=20
disc spin when I get into the operating system list.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks again for al your =
help</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am sure I'm close to actually getting =
this system=20
set up on this computer.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Darragh</FONT></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C233D7.92575F60--