Links (with an I), Lynx (with a Y) and inaccessible sites

This would have to be done in some very organized way and would have to have
some teeth or some kind of impact--speaking to the comment about "inaccessible
is unacceptable." For instance, I challenged schwans for two years re: the
changes they made that rendered their site inaccessible; they kept telling me
they were working on it, which I knew couldn't really be the case or they would
have made some changes to the site. frankly, I don't think they cared because
people could call and order by phone and even if all blind people getting
schwans had stopped in protest, it wouldn't make much difference in their
profit. I now can access and order from schwans with links, but links certainly
isn't a cure-all for the problem. as was said, the usps site is just the tip of
the iceberg. the reason it is getting so much attention is because there is some
willingness to try to make it accessible; a lot of website designers frankly
don't care that much about accessibility. And many of those who do make some
effort honestly believe that if they are accessible for jaws they are
accessible.

Cheryl