questions

Hello!
i have some new questions to you.
1.where can i get a good software speech synthesizer for linux?
I have tried rsynth but i can't get it to work.
is there any rpms for rsynth somewhere?
2. where can i get a cd player that work with zipslack?
I have tried something like cdp but it only wants something like glib and
libc.
Can ou tell me what packages i need to run cdp?
3. I have tried to install libc but it only says something like libc needs
bam.
what does it mean?
4. is there any speech servers for infovox to use with emacspeak or is there
any plans to make one?
I will be very grateful for the answers you may give me.
Have a good day
Kristoffer