Had enough with windows....going insane.....need advice

Yes, and actually it's possibly a bit easier with debian because debian's
root.bin is already on a separate floppy. Just where the README file says
mv initrid.img initrd.gz
gunzip initrd.gz
mount initrd /mnt -o loop

substitute "root.bin" "root.gz" and "root" and it mounts fine.
The two things I'm stuck on are:
1. I get errors when I try to do "make" instead of "make install"
and
2. it remains to be seen whether this will all then fit on one floppy or
whether something might then have to be removed from root.bin to make
room.
Also,
3. I am hoping that the replacement /sbin/init will work for debian; it
seems that it should.

--
				Cheryl