AFT -- Almost free text.

Ahem.

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:54:17 -0500 (EST)
Dave Mielke <dave@mielke.cc> wrote:

> [quoted lines by Gil Andre on January 11, 2002, at 14:32]
>
> >Why? Because .RTF or HTML files can be a little bit more
> >pleasant to read --
>
> And many, many other reasons.
>
> That, of course, wasn't my question. My question was why a person would want to
> have a Linux tool which converted simple text into Word. That's just not
> useful.

I don't mean to appear too obnoxious, but have you read my
message? I gave you all the reasons why. RTF is a Microsoft
file format which is accepted by Word without any problems.

Again, I need to communicate with two kinds of users. Some
are blind, and will accept ASCII or HTML files, which are
easy to manage with the proper tools. Other users, who are
not blind, use Windows (or Linux) and request a minimum of
formatting in the files I send them. Having a tool that
allow me to communicate with both sets of users and post
the files on the www servers is a Real Good Thing.

It may sound weird to you, or useless... But I needed this
and I am happy I found a small program to do this. <g>

Take care!

| Gil Andre -- Technical Writer -- gandre@arkeia.com |
|        Knox Software: http://www.arkeia.com        |
|A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation.|