AFT -- Almost free text.

Hi!

Following the different threads here about word/excel file
conversions, I thought : "That's all fine and dandy, but
what about the reverse: Linux to word/excel?".

As everyone knows, to "create" an Excel file, you can just
type your "spreadsheet" as a .CSV file, that Excel is then
able to open.

But what about Word? Well, "aft" is a small utility that
can convert a very simple ASCII file into .RTF if need be.
The same command-line program also offers ascii to HTML
and ascii to LaTEX conversion.

This seems to be the most simple program I have found so
far, and I do intend to use it extensively and post the
results on this list (and somewhere on the net as well).

Official site for aft is:
http://www.maplefish.com/todd/aft.html

Hopefully, this will be helpful for other people on this
list.

| Gil Andre -- Technical Writer -- gandre@arkeia.com |
|        Knox Software: http://www.arkeia.com        |
|A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation.|