Still Having Fun with SCSI Emulation.

Janina Sajka writes:
>Do you reference ide-scsi in your lilo.conf?

	No, and if I was a gambler, I would bet that there in
lies the problem.

> I have it as:
>
>append = "hdc=ide-scsi hde=ide-scsi"

	I remember reading that directive in the HOWTO or
somewhere that dealt with this topic and I was kind of confused at
the time or maybe half asleep and thought that this was something
taken care of in the kernel configuration.

	Do you have the SCSI emulation and driver set up as
loadable modules or did you just reply  y  to having that module
become an integral part of the kernel?  That is how I have done
the SCSI configuration because it is something that will more
than likely get used all the time.  Except for the increase in
kernel size, it is probably more efficient to have things like
that compiled in.

	As I said, this may be the missing link that explains why
nothing seems to tie the SCSI support to what is actually
there.

	Again thanks for the reminder.  I certainly hope that
that is what's missing.  This system just isn't that unusual.

Martin