Brltty and SuSE-Blinux

Hi,

Many of you may know that SuSE included a screen reader, SuSE-Blinux) with
their distro.  It's really a modified version of Brltty.  It personally
annoys me when someone starts a new open source project based on an existing
one rather than contributing to the first one, especially when the target
audience is the same.  I don't think there's anything wrong with starting a
new screen reader, but when it's based on an existing product wel...

Anyway, I was going to ask is there any plans for Brltty to encorporate some
of the new features from SuSE-Blinux?  I like some of the features such as
support for more synthesisers, user-specific settings and on-the-fly
customisation.

Just wondering.

Regards, Saqib