redhat bootdisks with brltty

It may be a misaligned disk drive that can be fixed with software in the
laptop.  There's another possibility, do you know if your laptop comes
with special software to read and write diskettes from standard pc's?
laptops exist where I work, but I've never had access to that level of
technology so couldn't say one way or the other on that count.