MP3 players

Hi Darragh.

I use mpg123.  I also use your method of making play lists with the .m3u
files.  With mpg123, I type:

# mpg123 -C@ <file.m3u>

mpg123 will then look at this file and you can use the `f' key to move
forward throught he songs.  Unfortunately, you can't move back throught eh
list -- I'm not sure why.  YOu can use `s' to stop and restart. You'd
think `p' would do the job for pause/resume, but it doesn't something even
weirder -- try it.  :-)  You can use `<' and `>' to fast forward/rewind
too.  There's a command switch to shuffle the list too, but I can't
remember.

Also, I think you can give trplayer the filename of a play list.  I'm not
sure about freeamp though.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

--
"Let music echo the thoughts of your soul."

                --  Jason Castonguay <jcast@snet.net>

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (91% of Full)

The world is coming to an end.  Please log off.