Drivers for Tekram SCSI card

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 12:01:30PM -0700, ADFM wrote:

> I have installed RedHat 7.3 on my desktop that uses a Tekram DC 395U
> SCSI card. The latest drivers I could find for this card, is for
> RedHat 6.1. Is this RedHat version difference a problem?

If you installed RH 7.3 then what's the problem? Did you install on IDE
drive and want to add currently unrecognized SCSI? IF so you need to
recompile the kernel.

I checked the configuration file in kernel source (2.4.18) and it lists
Tekram DC390(T) with the following segment from it's help:

"This driver supports PCI SCSI host adapters based on the Am53C974A
chip, e.g. Tekram DC390(T), DawiControl 2974 and some onboard
PCscsi/PCnet (Am53/79C974) solutions."

I had similar problem on VA Linux box where the default SCSI driver
doesn't recognize the interface properly and you need to use workaround.

--
Rafael